Special Issue on: IoT modelling and simulation in smart-anything computation at the Edge
Authors of selected conference papers will be invited to submit an extended paper to a Special Issue in SIMPAT – Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory.
The Edge computing is iconic of the new computing model driven by the Internet of Things (IoT) boldly evolving and gaining the power for pervasive data processing, storage, and service supply. Although the technologies the Edge computing relies on are stable and rock-solid, one of the most critical aspects is the availability of programming models, developing tools and sandbox environments in order to design, implement and test the next generation of applications. In this scenario modelling and simulating Edge based infrastructure is crucial and, currently, no generally accepted solution is remarkably available or shared among the scientific community.
This special issue is devoted to the analysis, modelling, simulation, and application in the IoT in smart-city and industry 4.0 computation at the Edge.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Architectures for Edge Computing systems
- Modelling of Edge Computing systems
- Public and Private Mobile Clouds in Edge Computing
- Edge Computing Applications
- Simulation of Edge-based systems
- Programming the Edge Computing
- Functionality of Edge Computing Systems
- Communication Among Edge Computing Systems
- Migration Services in Edge Computing Systems
- Workflows in Edge Computing
- Edge Computing and Smart Cities
- Edge Computing for the Industry 4.0
- Simulations for Edge-based applications
- Reliability in Edge Computing Systems
- Security and Privacy in Edge Computing Systems
- Trust in Edge Computing
- Quality of Service in Edge Computing
- Mission Critical Edge Computing
Manuscripts should be submitted online through the Elsevier Editorial System (EES) at the following link: http://ees.elsevier.com/simpat
In the step “Article Type” of the on-line submission process, authors must select:
Special Issue: IoT modelling and simulation in smart-anything computation at the Edge.
Submitted manuscripts should present original contributions and must not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. All papers will be peer reviewed according to the high standards of the Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory Elsevier journal.
Please feel free to contact the Guest Editors for any questions.
• Manuscript submission deadline: December 31, 2019
• Manuscript review reports back to authors: March 31, 2020
• Manuscript revision due: May 31, 2020
• Final notification of acceptance: September 30, 2020
• Expected publication of the special issue: January 2021
Special issue editors
• Prof. Giancarlo Fortino
DIMES – Department of Informatics, Modeling, Electronics and Systems, University of Calabria
Via P. Bucci, cubo 41C – 87036 Rende (CS), ITALY
Tel. +39.0984.494063 | Fax. +39.0984.494713
• Prof. Eleni Karatza
Department of Informatics, Aristotele University of Thessaloniki
54124 Tessaloniki, GREECE
• Dr. Raffaele Montella
DiST – Department of Science and Technologies, University of Napoli Parthenope
CDN Isola C4 – 80143 Napoli (NA), ITALY